- Create a database or have one (can be non-empty) database ready.
- Upload the unzipped files to the public folder where you want to have your blog at. (Make sure your zip utility and ftp includes empty directories, check that assets/plugins directory exists, for example)
- Navigate to that folder with a browser
- You should be redirected to http://www.example.com/theFolderWhereYouUploaded/admin/setup/setup.cfm
- Follow the wizard instructions
- It is recommended that you delete the folder admin/setup after you finish installing your blog
-Note: If you use MySql 4 or 5, you need to set up your datasource in the CF admin because CF doesn't come with the suitable drivers. This means you cannot choose "No" in the first step of the wizard.
-Another note: Make sure your directory is writeable by CF.