Mango

Thread: Menu

Created on: 08/03/06 06:58 AM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 5
JoshRodgers

JoshRodgers's Gravatar

08/03/06 6:58 AM

I am playing with the Menus, I noticed I can add a page in the admin section. I am not totally sure what this does, my guess is that it adds a submenu under a menu title?

Anyways, I added one and I dont see where it changes anything, can you point me in the right direction?
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

08/04/06 1:02 AM

Pages are a way to add content that is not a post (About us, etc). Where they appear depend on the skin you are using. In the default (Nautica 5), they get listed next to "Blog" in the blue navigation bar on the top right below the banner image. You don't see it anywhere?
Link | Top | Bottom
JoshRodgers

JoshRodgers's Gravatar

08/04/06 6:37 AM

First off, get some sleep :) your post was 1am in the morning! Definitely passionate about this :)

So I got the static page working, it was a goof on my end, now that the page appears I click it and it loads, but there is an error on the page.

Error
An error has occurred: Element EXECUTIONMODE is undefined in THISTAG.

Any ideas?
Link | Top | Bottom
JoshRodgers

JoshRodgers's Gravatar

08/04/06 6:57 AM

More info on the above

When i use the default it works fine, when i choose pageMenu.cfm it errors like I described above.

One other item, in the drop down list for the skin template I also see skin.xml and creative commons attribution v2.5.txt file, I am using the nautica skin at the moment and both of those files are in the root skin folder of nautica. Anyway not to show those in the listing? iF i choose one of those, things get weird :) It dumps out the content in the xml file or the txt file.
Link | Top | Bottom
JoshRodgers

JoshRodgers's Gravatar

08/04/06 6:59 AM

Ah ok so maybe pageMenu shouldnt be a selection either, thats probably why its erroring out ;)

Default works just fine.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

08/04/06 12:14 PM

That is correct, only the default template should appear in the dropdown, unless you create a new page template or the skin provides custom page templates different from the default, which is not the case for any of the boundled skins.
I am actually changing that so it is less confusing by having the list of custom page templates listed in the skin.xml file.
Thanks for reporting this.
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.