Thread: Install Problem

Created on: 09/03/07 02:40 PM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 2
Sprockett

Sprockett's Gravatar

09/03/07 2:40 PM

Hi Laura...

I'm trying to get the initial install going, I'm using IIS6, CF8 and MySql5 to get things running locally.

The database created, and I got through the basic setup steps, everything looks good.... however when I submit I get the following error from CF8:

Could not find the ColdFusion Component or Interface SetupPreferences.
Ensure that the name is correct and that the component or interface exists.

The error occurred in D:\My Documents\WebRoot\PatriotGuitarsTest\blog\admin\setup\Setup.cfc: line 312

310 :          <cfset result = structnew() />
311 :          <cfset componentPath = replacenocase(GetMetaData(this).name,"admin.setup.Setup","components.utilities.") />
312 :          <cfset config = createObject("component",componentPath & "Preferences").init("#arguments.path#config.cfm")>
313 :          <cfset pluginPrefs = createObject("component",componentPath & "Preferences").init("#arguments.path#pluginprefs.cfm")>
314 :          <cfset variables.config = "#arguments.path#config.cfm" />

Not sure what's going on there, any ideas?

Thanks

-Paul-
Link | Top | Bottom
CarlosAmigos

CarlosAmigos's Gravatar

11/15/07 12:21 AM

I am getting the same error but have MS SQL 2005

"Could not find the ColdFusion Component or Interface Setuputilities.Preferences."

:)

Thanks
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

11/20/07 12:34 AM

Hi,

I am not sure what could be causing this problem since I am not able to reproduce it. Maybe something about CF 8 or about the way you both have your directories setup. By the way, I would like to know your dir structure where you placed mango.

In the meantime, so that you can install it, let's do the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest version (2.0.1)
2. Change line 25 of admin/setup/Setup.cfc from
<cfset variables.componentPath = replacenocase(GetMetaData(this).name,"admin.setup.Setup","components.") />
to:
<cfset variables.componentPath = "YOUR COMPONENTS DIR PATH") />

YOUR COMPONENTS DIR PATH should be the directories from your web root to Mango's components directory ending with a dot.

For example, say I have my blog in:
http://example.com/laura/blog

then I would write:
<cfset variables.componentPath = "laura.blog.components." />

Also, make sure you don't have a mapping called something like components, or called like the first dir level (laura in this example).
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.