Mango

Thread: How Customizable is Mango - Design wise?

Created on: 12/05/07 08:08 PM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 4
mndfchstr

mndfchstr's Gravatar

12/05/07 8:08 PM

Hello, I've been keeping my eye on Mango for a while. I want to change my website around to be more blog-like. I would like to know: how customizable is it in terms of design? I see you have many nice skins to go along with Mango, but say I want to implement mango into a custom design? Is it feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Link | Top | Bottom
mndfchstr

mndfchstr's Gravatar

12/06/07 12:02 PM

hahaha... it's the first thing on the feature's list.
my bad.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

12/10/07 2:57 PM

I am glad you found the answer :)
But yes, its look and feel can be completely changed, and I would say it is one of its most important features.
Link | Top | Bottom
mndfchstr

mndfchstr's Gravatar

12/10/07 6:58 PM

Hello Laura.
I'm currently updating my webserver to CFMMX7, which is actually going to take a few days.
I would like to start customizing my blog, is there a way to download a HTML version of a skin in which I can begin to modify?
Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

12/11/07 12:04 PM

Hi,
I don't have an HTML version that you can download. The reason for that is that there isn't a standard HTML layout that your blog must implement. But it might make your life easier when you are ready to include the actual blog code to use a similar HTML to one of the skins provided: http://www.mangoblog.org/skinbrowser In that way, you would be able to see how the skin is done, and since your HTML will be similar, it will be easier to follow. Every skin in the skin browser has different html (except for those that are MovableType templates).
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.