Mango

Thread: Blocked CF Tags

Created on: 08/17/06 06:40 AM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 4
justin

justin's Gravatar

08/17/06 6:40 AM

Mango uses at least one cf tag that is blocked by my web host, Crystal Tech. Since CT is one of the bigger shared CF hosting providers, here's what is on their knowledge base:

"For all versions of ColdFusion, the CFREGISTRY, CFSCHEDULE and CFEXECUTE tags are disabled to increase stability and security in an opimized shared environment."

Two comments/questions... 1. Is there a work around for this? And 2. I would suggest providing the work around for users in shared environments.

Thanks,
Justin
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

08/17/06 11:25 AM

It is probably the cfschedule the tag, since it doesn't use cfregistry nor cfexecute. It is used to send "digest" mode comment notifications. That could easily be changed in the plugin preferences (although there is no way to set that preference now), so that Mango does not try to set up this scheduled task.
Link | Top | Bottom
justin

justin's Gravatar

08/17/06 12:01 PM

Yes, it is the cfschedule. I commented out the actual function in that particular CFC and it worked ok for me then because it wasn't calling that particular tag.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

08/17/06 12:09 PM

That function on that plugin only gets called during setup, never again, so if you somehow completed the setup, then you will not have the problem again.
Link | Top | Bottom
Bill

Bill's Gravatar

01/07/07 8:39 AM

Thanks folks. Just ran into this myself with CT. I'll give the comment thing a try. If you don't hear back from me you'll know it worked. :-)
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.