Mango

Thread: Dates

Created on: 01/08/07 05:41 AM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 3
MikeP

MikeP's Gravatar

01/08/07 5:41 AM

I've started testing Mango Blog this weekend, and so far i am quite impressed. However, as a developer in the UK I have quite an issue with the dates. Is there any way to localise the date into UK format of dd/mm/yyyy? If not in the current version is it going to be an option in future versions?

This is quite key to using Mango from my point of view, both on the data entry of the publishing date and article listings in admin. If this issue could be sorted out I would be quite happy to replace my current blog engine.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

01/09/07 1:56 PM

Mike,
Internationalization/localisation is in the list for future improvements. (See roadmap http://www.mangoblog.org/docs/index.cfm/Roadmap )

But even before doing that, changing the display data in the admin in a way that would work for both US and UK should not be too difficult. At least as a quick fix.

If you want to change the date formatting in the blog when you display a blog, then you need to add some attribute to the <PostPropery> tag in the skins like this:

<mango:PostProperty date dateformat="SOME CF-VALID DATE FORMAT" />

When I finally add localisation, the date formatting will take the current locale format unless otherwise specified.
Link | Top | Bottom
MikeP

MikeP's Gravatar

01/10/07 12:53 AM

Thanks, i'll give that a go.

Do the items on the roadmap have any timescales related to them? i.e. if i were to wait for the development of the internationalisation would it appear in a new version in the next couple of months, or would six months plus be more realistic?
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

01/10/07 1:20 PM

Mike,
The items there do not have any priority or timescales. But if people vote for them, then I will probably pay more attention to those with the most requests for the next versions.
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.